Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm back where I belong.

No pics this time to share...Perhaps in a few weeks.
I think I can quite honestly say this has been the longest week of my life...and the worst to date...keep in mind in my lifetime like others, I have had pinnicles of sorrow, pain, fear, trepidation, and torment. What started out facing a surgery that was to last 2-3 hours with the removal of my gall bladder, and the repairing of a large ventral hernia and being sent home the next day. After a six hour delay in the start, the surgery lasted 3-4 hours, with the removal of an extremely swollen gall bladder that was very difficult to remove, and the finding of 3 hernia's, one being the size of a small kick ball and taking great pain for the doctor to fix and repair. I made it back to a room at 1am the next morning after an extensive stay in recovery. An over night stay turning into 5 days.
I can see the tender mercies that I was issued and am quite aware of the different states of agonizing pain I was called to go through. How thankful I am that my loving Heavenly Father chose not to take me home this time...
As I pleaded with my Savior to once more remove the pains I was traveling through, I was everso aware of his great sorrow for me.
For now, I will go and try to find some comfort at the side of my eternal companion...
God lives...and He loves ME...of this I am sure. We press forward, because we have no other choice...we decided with a choice long ago, to come here to acquire our earthly/physical bodies...so, press forward we do.

1 comment:

  1. Lorrie,
    I am so glad that you are okay! What a terrible ordeal! I am so glad you have such a wonderful family to take care of you as well as your testimony to get you through this tough time. Best wishes on your recovery - hopefully this will be the beginning of a much less painful time for you!
    Lots of Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete